Here is how I made today's version....
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, not melted
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients to a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Pulse the dry ingredients together a few times until combined.
- Add the vegan butter and lemon juice, and then pulse again until the mixture is crumbly.
- Start adding the water one tablespoon at a time while pulsing to combine it into the mixture. I used just a little over 5 tablespoons and feel like the dough was a little too wet, but the crackers were still crispy.
- Once the dough has come together in almost a ball, remove it from the food processor and place it on a large sheet of parchment paper. Form it into and place place another sheet of parchment paper over the top.Roll out the dough to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Using a rolling cutter, make likes in the thinned out dough to resemble crackers (you can see my lines are not straight!).
- Poke a small hole in the center of each cracker.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes on 350 degrees. Check on them after 15 minutes.
They are a great snack on their own, or you can add them a snack mix - like popcorn and pretzels!