What you will need:
1 cup of dried soy curls
1 ½ cups of hot water
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
Bun or Bread of your choice
- Add 1 cup of dried soy curls to a large bowl. Next, heat the water on the store or in the microwave until very hot. Be careful not to burn yourself. Once the water is hot, pour it over the soy curls and allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain off any excess water. I also squeeze some of the excess water out of the soy curls by placing them in a fine mesh strainer and pressing with the back of a spoon.
- Place the soy curls back into the bowl and add about ¼ cup of the BBQ sauce and stir to combine with all of the soy curls. Let the mixture marinate for about 10 minutes
- To air fry, place the marinated soy curls in the basket of an air fryer and cook for 10 minutes on 400 degrees. Shake the basket after about 5 minutes to ensure they do not stick. Once the soy curls are cooked, place them back in the bowl and pour the remaining BBQ sauce on them and stir all together. Pile them on a toasted bun or bread. You can even enjoy them on a baked potato!
- To pan fry, place the marinated soy curls in a pan that has been heated over medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir every few minutes to keep them from sticking. You can add more sauce to them as you cook them to keep them saucy. When finished, pile them on a toasted bun or bread. You can even enjoy them on a baked potato!