If you follow me on Instagram or for the Vegan Month of Food, you will most likely see me post this! I am obsessed with it and share it every chance I find. Especially for the pantry cooking challenges. Everything for this recipe comes out of the pantry unless you add cheese at the end.
It is so simple to make since I use canned beans. And it gives me an excuse to take a rolling pin to soy curls! I also like to make this the day before I serve because all of the chili flavors have developed. Chili is honestly better the next day!
- 2 - 15 oz cans of tricolored beans (a mixture of pinto, kidney, and black beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 3 oz of soy curls, crushed (see note below)
- Shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
How to Make:
- Add all of the drained and rinsed beans to Instant Pot.
- Add the entire can of diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Add the chili seasoning
- Add the crushed soy curls (Note: I crush mine by placing them in a bag and rolling a rolling pin over them. You can also crush them with a small kitchen mallet.)
- For the water, I usually use 15 - 20 oz of water. I usually add enough water to come to the top and barely cover the mixture. I like my chili on the thicker side. You can add more water if you would like.
- Replace the lid, and set the valve to seal. Cook on low pressure for 12 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to come down for 10 minutes and then flip the valve to release the rest of the pressure. Stir all of the ingredients and add salt to taste.
- Enjoy with shredded vegan cheese and/or a spoonful of vegan sour cream.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!